Sunday, September 05, 2004

Washington, DC

Here I am for a few hours more in the nation's capital. I got here without incident on the 2nd, flying standby, I managed to get put in Business class. Very nice! Mike, Stacy and I spent two days doing the usual touristy things... going to the mall, monuments and Mount Vernon. Highlight of this trip: soaking our tired feet (after walking 16,000 steps) in a fountain in the Sculpture Garden while listening to live Jazz. I am now fully re-packed, having to buy a new back pack since my old one was breaking and I needed to shift some weight from the suitcase to my pack to avoid having to pay fines for excess weight charges. Now we're waiting to go to the airport. I'll be flying Virgin Atlantic at 7pm tonight arriving 7am London time tomorrow. Then I'll be off to find my hostel and possibly do a bus tour of the city to get acclimated to my new surroundings. More to come in the next few days, as both the hostel and the program headquarters have internet access. Until next time....

No comments: