Thursday, September 16, 2004

My new home...

Well I did it!! No, I didn't get a job yet. But the next best thing. I have a place to live! It's in the London borough of Camden. A nice little place, north but not far from the center of town. It's near Regent's park and the Bunac office. I will move in on Saturday. It's basically the basement rooms of a family's house. The family consists of a mother, father, four daughters and a cat. I have a bathroom, kitchen, bedroom (with tv) all downstairs with me, and the three floors above are for the family. Apparently there is another renter there with me, a German girl. I didn't see her today, but I'm sure we'll run into each other. So that was the big accomplishment of the day, that and finishing my first book read almost entirely on tube transit - Angels and Demons. I actually finished the book in a cafe down this little town square area near Oxford Street (the big posh shopping district). So now I'll head back down to the far south of town to my friend's place and scrounge up a little dinner.

1 comment:

Family Sleuther said...

When you get a chance we're going to need to see some pictures of your new flat... You do know what you've become, right? ME! You're living in some family's basement...hehehe Does Camden resemble A-Town?