Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The home that wasn't...

The lovely flat I had rented is not quite so lovely as I first thought. The place is actually rather trashy. Which in itself is not terrible, but that the toilet area is basically only one step up from a Turkish toilet (that being a hole in the ground) by the virture that it does actually have the proper facilities (that being a toilet). However the rest of the toilet room, if one can call it a room, is I'm afraid one good 1.5 richter-scale earthquake (or merely the vibrations of a nice and heavy truck rolling down the street) away from falling in upon itself. Add to this dismaying thought and scene, that of the bathroom - which is literally a small pantry sized room with only a bathtub - and it's more permanent residents, spiders galore, cobwebs strewning everything, also in such a state as would give Ghandi the shivers. (Consequently I've abstained from taking a shower in this place for three days, until at last a friend also on the program here, graciously let me use her beautiful, clean, insect-free shower this morning. Needless to say I've been extremely irritable for the past few days, as I've slowly become grimier and grimier.) I have thus decided it would be most prudent to leave said establishment. My mind was made up when I heard the family overhead, and I can hear everything, screaming and yelling the other day for about three hours in the morning, trying to get one of the daughters to school, a place she vehemently abhors apparently. So now the excitment that I held for a brief shinning moment is turned yet again into horror as I face the prospect of looking for another place to live. Which is why I'm at the internet cafe yet again to look online for flatshares. So that's the latest update. More fabulous and horrifying stories to come I'm sure in the future.... stay tuned.
P.S. No job yet.

No comments: