Monday, September 06, 2004

From London with Love

Hello all! I'm in London now! 2-6 Inverness Terrace to be exact. At the Hyde Park Hostel, a bit shabby place, but what do you expect for £11.50 per night for a 12-bedded dorm... ah the life of an unemployed ex-student. I got here with no problems, beyond nervousness which prevented much needed sleep on the plane, but other than that all was well. I arrived at Heathrow a little after 7am and after circling the airport a bit, we landed. I then found the Heathrow Express, picked up my pre-purchased e-ticket from the machine, got on, got to Paddington Station and queued up for a taxi. That was the more hairy part of the trip as the driver didn't seem to know where I wanted to go, so after turning onto Inverness Terrace and having a slight discussion of the house/street number of the hostel, I saw a place called "Hyde Park Inn" and in my excitement and desire to be done traveling I told the driver to stop, paid him and was only at 58 Inverness Terr., so I then walked the last leg of trip to house #2 - 6, where my hostel lay. Now that I'm here, I think I'd rather be at the Inn. I arrived an hour before check-in so now I'm biding my time at the internet cafe -- which by the way is misleading as there is no cafe to be had here, though there is internet, however I could really use a cup of joe right now -- anyways, I'm here tying away and waiting for check-in so that I can finally be settled, then I might try to find a bit of lunch and perhaps a shower and then off to explore the city (or at least this neighborhood of it). So keep you posted. The good news for now is that I'm here! Until later...

No comments: