Thursday, November 04, 2004

Would you like a little Bath with your showers?

Flash forward a week. . . . . . ok, ok, if you really want to know what's happening here I'll tell you all. I worked. That about sums it up. I worked everyday, got home and had no energy to blog or anything even mildly strenuous. There, Now flash forward a week. . .

Picture it: A lovely English morning, with just a bit of dew left over from the previous night. The sun is shining upon the birds, singing their morning song perched on the tree branches just outside my window. A beautiful day to relax, to take your time and enjoy the unfolding of the day. Is that what I do, you ask? Yes, and No. I do take my time, until I realize that I will be late for the bus going to Stonehenge. So then I kick it into high gear, run to the tube, and just make it to ISH in time to hope the bus and head out of London. We leave fifteen minutes late thanks to people like me. One hundred young people on three coaches… needless to say it took time to get everyone collected and organized. We finally take off, spend three hours on the bus to arrive at Stonehenge in a veritable downpour. It seems as though one cannot see Stonehenge, unless they see it through a sheet of rain. (For verification of this see next picture post.) We then load the buses again and drive bit more before we reach Bath, where the rain seems to have increased in ferocity. I walk around Bath with a new friend made during the previous Bunac trip to York. We have lunch in a pub that Charles Dickens stayed in while he was writing the Pickwick Papers. We then attempt to visit Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths. Being as rainy and cold as it was we managed to get through the Abbey, but we decided to skip the Baths, due to lack of funds, time and warmth and suffice ourselves with pictures of the outside. Having already seen the Baths myself, I was not terribly disappointed. So once again we load up and head out back to London. My bus was unfortunate enough to get stuck in a massive traffic jam, caused by a double decker bus that broke down. I didn't arrive home until well past 10pm, I went to sleep as soon as I could since I had to work early in the morning. It was a fun filled day of rain and sightseeing, more so of the former. However despite the weather I had a wonderful time.

No comments: