Saturday, August 12, 2006

Freak Hail Storm

So perhaps its not all that exciting, maybe it's making you snore just from reading the title, but in order to appease the Blogger Police (who have been hounding me for weeks now to update) I thought I'd share with you something mildly exciting in my life - the freakish Colorado weather.

One fine day in late June, I was talking with Darren via Skype (great way to keep up with long distance calling) I suddenly heard strange sounds outside my window. The rain, for it had been raining a while turned into something else.. something harder, scarier. I looked out and saw this:

"A hail storm! Oh dear god, my car! Oh well, it's a piece of crap anyway.." Quickly my mind is all absorbed by the storm, my eyes glued to the window to watch as the hail covers the streets like snow. I realize that I'm no longer listening to Darren's story (told in the manner of Nathaniel Hawthorne - too many descriptors for his own good).

I exclaim like Tattoo "the hail, the hail!" as Darren ever so-subtly jibes - "there's no rain in Colorado, ever!" Which compared to Darren's home country of England, yes this is fairly accurate.

Before the excitement vanished I excused myself from the conversation for a minute to snap these few photos. I like how the hail formed a little river going down the sidewalk. Of course the minute it all ended the moisture was dried up in a matter of minutes but it was exciting for a little while.

And that dear friends is that. I hope its enough to keep me out of trouble for a while and next time look forward to hearing how once again I am jobless. Until then, good night and good luck.

No comments: