Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blasts from the Past

This weekend I finally made my way to the international food store. It was Fabulous! Not as huge a place as the Asian markets I frequented in Denver but they had a nice variety from several regions, including Europe and the Middle East. My purchases this time included: Bounty candy (the British version of Mounds, but way better!), Japanese Soba noddles, Kasugai roasted hot green peas - or as the packages calls them "A happy present from the Earth" - and Russian Baltika beer (номер семь for those who have experienced this goodness). I was SO estatic walking out of the store and vowed then and there to be back for some Chinese dumplings, other world beers, and somen noddles (as soon as I figure out/remember what sauce I should use for that - 日本人の友達助けてください!) Anyways, this is a short blog but one that makes me happy as it reminds me of all the fun international food and drink I've enjoyed in the past (perhaps sometimes too much, as in the case of the Baltika). And now I can relive the moments any time I want! :D Life is good.

No comments: