Monday, April 09, 2007

TGI Monday - ?

Was really hard to wake up today.. luckily my alarm rings long before I have to get up so I can laze about in bed for a while pretending that I am sleeping in. Preparation for the day went well, had breakfast, cheated on making lunch by bringing Easter leftovers. Then I get in my car, it won't turn over, my lights had been on all night. Oops.

Cell phone rings, for a split second I think its Creech (my boss) telling me I'm in trouble.. (don't know why I think that) or that its Betsy saying we could switch offices for the day. Instead its Mike, calling to chat. I talk with him while I walk down to the bus stop, during which time I realize there is a hole in my sock and my big toe is sticking out of it - I hate when that happens!

I get to the bus stop three minutes after the bus leaves. No problem, next one comes in little over ten minutes. I don't have any more passes for the bus, as I forgot to buy them last week. So I have to go with the old exact change in cash option. I double check that I have enough - oops again, one dollar short. Ok, don't worry, I'm right next to my old workplace where my lovely former coworkers are bound to be nice enough to lend me a buck.

Get there, get the dollar and head back out. The traffic lights are against me and I think I see my bus, paranoid to miss the last BX (next bus would be 30 minutes away!) I bolt across the street as cars are trying to turn left and almost get mowed down. I arrive to realize its not the Denver Express but the Local one that stops at every park and ride from here to Timbuktu and therefore Not the one I want. Wait around and finally get on the bus.

Have a nice ride to Denver, read a little and try to relax. After that the day picked up a bit. Went to the bank, got a bit of money, then treated myself to a 'Dulce de Leche' latte from Starbucks. Now with coffee and croissant in hand, I'm looking forward to welcoming Monday.

No comments: