Sunday, February 06, 2005

Leaving on a midnight train...

That's right folks. I'm leaving on a midnight train tonight (well... 22.58, which is near enough to midnight) going to Edinburgh. Why Edinburgh you ask? Didn't I see enough of it during Christmas, which I still haven't told you all about? Well I did enjoy and see a bit of it the first time around and now I'm going for "business". That is I'm going for a job interview! I applied a while back as a Registry Assistant at Napier University and they sent me a letter requesting that I come up and interview with them on Monday. The only snag was that it was right during the time that Stella, my friend and former roommate, was coming to visit me and our planned trip to Italy. Not to be deterred on either getting a job in the UK or missing out on the Mediterranean, Stella and I re-planned it so that we would train it up to Edinburgh, see the castle (which I missed last time due to Boxing Day closure), I'll do the interview and we'll head over to Glasgow, grab a plane (well ride it at least) to Rome and do three + days there. Not too bad a plan I reckon, but now it's time to put it to the test as we are flying out the door this second to get to the train station. So I will keep in touch over the next week on where we are and 'whatsa' happening (said with terribly fake, Joey Tribiani style American-Italian accent). Until then... Ciao!

1 comment:

Family Sleuther said...

Do not come home without having tried some gelato. I recommend tiramisu. Are you seeing Venice? I hope so. Enjoy