Thursday, January 06, 2005

SaKi-hall Street and the Castle on the Hill

The following are excerpts from my journal entries, written at the time of traveling through Scotland. I apologize for the seeming unoriginality of this, however since I wrote very detailed accounts in my journal already and as it is less time consuming to resummarize events, I do this for your benefit after all. Believe that?... I hope so. ;)

Journal entry:
December 22nd 2004 - God save Cafe Nero
I left my flat this morning at 3:48ish and got to Golders Green where I waited in the rain, massive rain, for about ten minutes for the A6 service to Stanstead airport to come. Finally it came, I boarded and slept for the hour it took to get to Stanstead. Then after figuring out the crazy airport check-in system I got through security and sat in the lounge... Then we boarded in the torrential rain and I slept again for the hour slight here [Glasgow]. Got off the crowded plane, found the train to come to the centre of town and found my hostel. Of course I got there at about 9:30-10ish and check-in was at 2pm so I dumped my luggage off and started to wander the city. Stopped in a mall for a bit (that was nice) and had a coffee and some down time to get my bearings. Read over the Glasgow section in the travel book and determined a sort of plan for the day - to wander up to the shopping sections and hit a few museums along the way. [Can you tell my priorities at the time?] After perusing the mall a while I headed out to Buchanan Street, went through Argyle Arcade - gorgeous, massive amounts of wonderful, shiny jewellery.

No comments: